custom fedora missing /mnt/floppy and /mnt/cdrom dirs

hi people

i have been happily working away on a custom fedora distro for a while and have recently come across a problem i thought i had solved. (i was seeing the same problem with a custom rh7.3)

my install goes great - all packages are installed - no errors to be seen in any of the other consoles during installation - BUT - the default directories in /mnt are not created. ie. /mnt/cdrom and /mnt/floppy are never created.

this is strange because versions of my earlier custom fedora distro were creating these directories (i was checking!). Then i thought the problem was solved so i stopped checking after each install. Then a couple of weeks since my last check - I reinstalled a newer version of my custom fedora and discovered that the directories are now not being created. The only things that I have changed are - adding new packages to RPMS directory and adding these same package names to comps.xml.

An rpm -qf /mnt/floppy tells me that it is the 'filesystem-2.2.1-5' rpm that creates the directories. I have not touched any of the 'core' or 'base' fedora packages. I get the feeling that it could be something to do with pkgorder but as you can see below - 'filesystem' is installed pretty early on ...

head of my pkgorder.txt file created with 'pkgorder /data/Fedora-Test/i386 i386 Fedora | tee /data/Fedora-Test/pkgorder.txt'
fedora-logos-1.1.20-1.noarch.rpm
hwdata-0.103.1-1.noarch.rpm
libgcc-3.3.2-1.i386.rpm
setup-2.5.27-1.1.noarch.rpm
filesystem-2.2.1-5.i386.rpm
basesystem-8.0-2.noarch.rpm
termcap-11.0.1-17.noarch.rpm
tzdata-2003d-1.noarch.rpm
glibc-common-2.3.2-101.4.i386.rpm
glibc-2.3.2-101.4.i686.rpm

any ideas??

thanks

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!