Re: re-order pkgorder

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 11:02, Stephen Mah wrote:
> I have a kickstart file & custom distro that takes up two CDs. The
> problem is that if a user wants to add RPMS that are not part of the two
> CDs, they have to either use the Vanilla redhat cds or mount to a
> unified tree (using redhat-config-packages).
>
> Is there a way to include all the rpms in the CD set, say three CDs, but
>   not require the third CD unless they want to add RPMS that are not
> part of the kickstart installation?
>
> I guess what I'm trying to do is build the three CDs, but sort the order
> so that only CD1 & 2 is needed during installation. May I can run
> pkgorder and manually stack the RPMS that are not needed to the end of
> the file?

I have a patch for pkgorder here:
http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/pub/Anaconda/Pkgorderpatch/pkgorder.patch

The Red Hat guys included a few of the groups (found in comps.xml) first
in the pkgorder order.  Here I added the groups that I included in my
kickstart file (or groups that I thought were likely to be installed).
Add/remove your groups in that file and rebuild anaconda.  That web site
also includes other information about rebuilding anaconda/creating a
custom distro.

Forrest