Re: anaconda does not find root for upgrade

On the FC1 upgrade front, I checked the FC1 disk#1 and it is not contaminated
with any ks.cfg file. It is just a plain iso of the distribution.
It looks almost as if FC1 does not have ext3.o included in the
booted image that it runs the install process on, and therefore cannot
find/examine /etc/fstab or /etc/redhat-release.

On the kernel front: I did get 2.6.4 to boot after  fooling around with the
.config. For example, the tulip driver was missing originally and had to make ext3.o static
beforer the the kernel would boot.

I still don''t have a working mouse (I used make oldconfig to get started an tried to include
the default stuff for the most part).

Where did you get the disc that you are using to upgrade?  Might it have
kickstart?

Forrest

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms ? all in one place at MSN Money! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp