Re: question about anaconda and strange hardware.

Jeremy Huber wrote:

Ok, I've figured one more step out, which confuses me even further.  On
FC1, with a default NFS mount (copying all the CDs into 1 directory,
then exporting it), I get "That directory does not seem to contain a
anaconda installation tree."
what boot media are you using for the initial boot phase?
is your nfs directory that you are exporting just the .iso files - or did you copy the files from each cd into a 'tree structure' on your disk?

On a whim, I tried adding a RedHat
directory in there.. (both renaming Fedora to RedHat as well as just ln
-s).  After that, I get "The anaconda installation tree in that
directory does not seem to match your boot media."
this won't work because you seem to be using a fedora boot disk/cd and that means it looks for a Fedora directory. You will always need matching boot media and install directory.

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!