anaconda product and release data not showing up on custom install

Hello,

Recently I've been reading online documentation on creating my own custom Redhat installation CD to host an application I'm writing. I've been quite successful thus far but I've run into a stumbling block in regards to the what data showing up in the text menus.

Right now my goal is to remove any reference to "Red Hat" during the text-based installation. I made several small changes to the anaconda source RPM which seemed to be generating the "Red Hat" text.

I then rebuilt the rpm and put it back in my RedHat/RPMS archive for the CD and ran buildinstall again. From what I know, the buildinstall should have rebuilt the anaconda runtime environment using whatever I had in the RedHat/RPMS directory. If it did, it seemed to remove any changes I've made.

To test, I installed the RPMs I was including for the CD. The changes were there.

Basically all I've done is this:

I modified the getProductName function in $ANACONDA_SRC/loader2/loader.c. It now looks like as follows:

char * getProductName(void) {

static char *productName = "MY PRODUCT";

return productName;

}

I also modified the $ANACONDA_SRC/text.py file and changed the following line:

self.welcomeText = _("%s (C) 2003 Red Hat, Inc.") % (productName,)

change to:

self.welcomeText = _("MY PRODUCT (C) 2003 Red Hat, Inc")

I then created the CD.

The CD boots up very well however now of the references to "MY PRODUCT" show up. I've gone through all the source and I'm almost certain that the files I'm making changes to should effect the initial text screens I see once anaconda loads. Especially the changes to loader.c. All product information comes from getProductName().

At this point I'm not sure where to go.  Initially I thought the --product and --release options for buildinstall should have defined these values. They didn't. In fact I'm not sure what they're used for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Darren Bounds