Re: adding file systems in 7.x

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> parted doesn't really deal in the idea of a "partition id" as is
> commonly used to identify filesystems on MS-DOS partition tables.
> Instead, it actually sniffs the data of the filesystem to determine what
> the fstype is.

Well, for detecting a filesystem, you're right, but in this case I only
need to set the file system ala libparted's set_system call when I'm
creating it.  If you look in set_partition_file_system_type() in
partitioning.py it makes the call to set_system from there.  There's no
low level interface to really do this in 7.x anaconda aside from creating
an entirely new parted fs class.  I was hoping to avoid having to do that,
but it looks like it's probably the easiest way.

--Patrick.