Re: implantisomd5

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 14:13, Paul Pianta wrote:
> i am looking at implanting the md5sum on my 'custom' cd and i have found
> the binary:
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/implantisomd5
>
> but im not sure how to use it.
>
> i dont know what the [--force] and [--supported] parameters mean/do and
> whether i even need to pass any parameters except just the .iso filename.

Just run 'implantisomd5 foo.iso' and it will do its thing.  --force will
cause an existing md5sum to be overwritten.  --supported will make it so
that the CD won't (by default) go into mediacheck, instead requiring you
to boot with 'linux mediacheck' to get to mediacheck.

> and just to make sure im thinking right - is it just running the 'linux
> mediacheck' at the boot prompt that will verify this implanted md5sum?

Yep, or if you don't pass --supported, you will always get prompted to
verify the implanted md5sum.

> i guess the 'linux mediacheck' just does and md5sum and compares it to
> the implanted one?

Yep.

Cheers,

Jeremy