SATA on Intel Motherboards

I have a few Intel 865 motherboards with onboard Serial ATA. I am installing Red Hat Linux 8.0/9 with the latest updates. When I install, anaconda cannot find the hard drive until I turn on Legacy SATA mode. Once I do the install, however, I can turn on Enhanced SATA mode, and the newer kernels will recognize the disks. I rebuilt the CDs with the latest updated kernels, but it cannot recognize the disks.

Why doesn't anaconda recognize the SATA disks? Do I need to add something to the hardware list?

Thanks,

Forrest