RE: Coms.xml file Modification

Do the comps.xml file also tell anaconda which CD the RPM package is
loaded on?

Can I take out/delete packages from the @core and @base section of the
comps.xml if I don't really install them from during kickstart
(Although, those packages do have a MANDATORY status)?  My ks.cfg
contains lines that say delete some of the RPM packages that are
technically part of the base and core group.  However, it does not seem
to break any dependency.  For example, anacron is part of the base and
consider mandatory, but I choice not to install its.  Can I delete its
from the comps.xml?

dwc

Here is a what my package section in my ks.cfg looks like

%packages
-anacron
-apmd
-ash