RE: Coms.xml file Modification

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 15:50, Chan, Dominic wrote:
> Do the comps.xml file also tell anaconda which CD the RPM package is
> loaded on?
>
> Can I take out/delete packages from the @core and @base section of the
> comps.xml if I don't really install them from during kickstart
> (Although, those packages do have a MANDATORY status)?  My ks.cfg
> contains lines that say delete some of the RPM packages that are
> technically part of the base and core group.  However, it does not seem
> to break any dependency.  For example, anacron is part of the base and
> consider mandatory, but I choice not to install its.  Can I delete its
> from the comps.xml?

Do you use it? Does any other part of RH use it?

If the answer to both of these is NO then you can probably get away with
deleting it. If you're basing the decision from your machine/ks.cfg and
all is working well without anacron then you can delete it.

Try it- if the install fails to build, or things go wrong on a fresh
install you will have come up with the real answer.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx