RE: Re : Custom distro

-----Original Message-----
From: PrasannaKumar [mailto:prasanna_k@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30-10-2002 10:22
Subject: Re : Custom distro

> Excellant . It worked like charm. I have made a new set of rpm.
> but it s like.
> anaconda-7.3-7.i386.rpm . Will it work in all architectures?

It should work on all x86-based (Amd/Cyrix/Intel/etc).

> Then, i have another question :
> Is it legal ?! to replace occurences of "Redhat " with my
> own distro name ?

IANAL

Actually it is required according to their guidlines:

http://www.redhat.com/about/corporate/trademark/guidelines.html

You can reuse/alter any GPL/LGPL licensed code as long as you
follow the guidelines set by the license.

> As it is Opensource, can i create a distribution which contains
> my own name in all places where Redhat is?

In essence yes, provided that you follow the guidelines of
the license. There was some discussion about this some weeks
ago on this list, see the archives:

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/anaconda-devel-list/2002-October/thread
.html

> * In case, if i want to add some functionality  in my code,
> like writing one script after installation is over,
> and execute it at the end of anaconda, how to add it to
> anaconda package?

The simpliest way would be to use a kickstart-file which
executes the commands in the %post (?) section.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/part-in
stall-info.html

Poltsi

Paul-Erik Törrönen
Cardinal Information Systems Ltd
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 C, 00150 Helsinki, FINLAND
E-mail: paul-erik.torronen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +358 (0) 40 703 1231
Phone: +358 (0) 424 162 4204
Fax: +358 (0) 424 162 4207