Re: Making a DVD Install CD

Joshua Aune wrote:
If you look through the anaconda source directory (at least for 7.2)
there are about 100 places that it references something under the
RedHat/ tree, with several of those being in .po files.
<snip>
Now here is the intresting part. You should have cdboot.img's from both the 72 and 73 build install, combine them into one (how to fit it, I don't know) with a syslinux.cfg that has some entries like this:

label rh72
  kernel vmlinuz-72
  append initrd=initrd-72.img devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192 vga=788

And and an equivilent entry for rh73 specifing the 73 kernel and initrd.

The only problem I can forsee with this is trying to get both kernels
and both initrd's into one cdboot.img.

Good luck and let me know if it works.

Joshua Aune

I was looking in the source code, and I can see where it makes the cdboot.img, and includes all of the modules (which explains why it is so much larger than the regular boot.img files). I was thinking of removing some of the modules to save space, and then make it create the cdboot.img with both 7.3 and 7.2 kernels/initrd.imgs. The question that I have before I begin this is:
Is it possible to create a boot disk that has two kernels/initrd.imgs?

I am guessing that syslinux is smart enough to do it, because you must specify kernel and initrd.img in the syslinux.cfg file.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

Forrest