Re: Making a DVD Install CD

If you look through the anaconda source directory (at least for 7.2)
there are about 100 places that it references something under the
RedHat/ tree, with several of those being in .po files.  It should be
easy enough to sed -e 's,RedHat/,rh72/RedHat/,' through all the files,
Remember to restore original permissions after doing that, I have had
that one bite me.

This is how I would do it

. sed -e 's,Redhat/,rh72/RedHat/,g' on each file
	(probably done better in perl)

. Rebuild new anaconda.

. Install the new anaconda rpm.

. Modify your directory structure/build script to reflect addition of
  rh72/.

. Rebuild w/ buildinstall and related tools.

. Repeate for 7.3

Now here is the intresting part.  You should have cdboot.img's from
both the 72 and 73 build install, combine them into one (how to fit
it, I don't know) with a syslinux.cfg that has some entries like this:

label rh72
  kernel vmlinuz-72
  append initrd=initrd-72.img devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=8192 vga=788

And and an equivilent entry for rh73 specifing the 73 kernel and initrd.

The only problem I can forsee with this is trying to get both kernels
and both initrd's into one cdboot.img.

Good luck and let me know if it works.

Joshua Aune