Re: [Regression?] no more audio with Intel HDMI integrated sound card

Dear Zala,

Am 03.06.22 um 01:46 schrieb Zala Pierre GOUPIL via Alsa-user:

I have an Intel Comet Lake-based processor with an integrated HDMI
port into which I previously used to put sound without any problems.
I used to have this set-up for several months.

But for now, since one week or so, when issuing sound through HDMI,
something very strange happens: the sound-emitting program freezes as
soon as I switch it to HDMI audio and reacts again when I switch
audio to anything else.

Can you please assist?

I am basically on Debian Bullseye, with a Xanmod kernel (very
convenient!) and I have tried a lot of things in order to try and
sort this up. No way.

Here is the ALSA report as provided by alsa-info_alsa-info.sh;
http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=459e652de3f8f195ebb2a57e0324f313b14e49d2

(For some reason the block `ALSA/HDA dmesg` is empty.)

As you use Debian 11 (stable/bullseye), I doubt that userspace broke, so it’s very likely the Linux kernel (Xanmod) kernel 5.15.43-xanmod1 regressed. Please look in `/var/log/dpkg.log*`, and correlate the package update with the time the sound regression started. If it’s related to Xanmod, please contact them, but you could try to bisect a possible Linux kernel regression yourself.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS:

---
Je n'aime pas seulement ma vie, mais aussi celle des autres. (Blade Runner)

Please note that the standard signature delimiter is `-- ` [1].

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block#Standard_delimiter