arecord can't capture from headset mic

Hi,

I just bought an USB headset and the mic is not working. Speakers from
the headset are working correctly just the mic is not working.

the arecord -l command is showing the device correctly :
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: One [JBL Quantum One], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC298 Analog [ALC298 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Dock [Surface Dock], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

but the arecord -Dhw:0,0 /tmp/out.wav command display the following
error :
arecord: main:830: audio open error: No such file or directory

I'm using a custom kernel patched to support my notepad hardward but
should not differ so much as most of patch are for touchscreen, power
managment and webcam. The custom kernel is based on version 5.11.16 and
my distro is archlinux

does anyone know how I can chek if the problem is related to some
configuration issue or if the mic is not actually supported ?

Regards,

Knard