Re: arecord can't capture from headset mic

I'd guess one of the numbers is off a little.  I just got this to work
on my Pinebook Pro's internal microphone.  First time I'd tried it.
Well, it took a few tries adding stuff to correct error messages.

arecord -Dhw:0,0 -f S16_LE -c2 -t wav test1.wav

Try using a higher card number, then higher device numbers and pay
attention to the error messages.  There's probably a way to do it that
you just haven't found yet.

It's quite possible it's a HID (Human Interface Device) which adds a
layer of addressing.complexity.  I have a pair of bluetooth earbuds
which are HID, they suppposedly have a microphone.

lsmod | grep snd
should show at least something, that's showing kernel modules to deal
with Alsa sound.  You might have to insmod one the first time.