Connection of multiple headphones to kodi simultaneously (on rpi3)

Hi everyone, thanks for alsa, I like the flexibility!

Yesterday I managed to connect 2 bluetooth headphones simultaneously
to my rpi3 (I'm using it with kodi on latest raspbian). I've used a
multi-device in .asoundrc to do this. The problem is if I turn off one
device I get no sound on the other one too.
If I test with aplay mywav.wav, it plays correctly on both devices if
both headphones are on and connected. If one is off it says "No such
device" and doesn't play at all.

Is there an easy way to keep my configuration for both devices, but
don't fail if one of the devices is turned off/not reachable?

Thanks,
Cyber1000

My .asoundrc-file:

pcm.user1 {