Re: Phonic Helix Board 12 Universal: Recording is silent

On 04/07/18 22:58, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 22:53:33 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 22:37:36 +0200, Andreas Böhler wrote:
The device does not work when the sample rate is changed
using Ardour.

Are you using Ardour with plain ALSA or with jack using the ALSA
backend? Some audio device only work when using jack.
                                      ^ with Ardour

When using other software the same audio device could be used with
plain ALSA. This is a known issue.

Directly using ALSA - and that was the problem! Using Jack, it works. I could've thought of trying that earlier, since I had FireWire devices that were only supported using Jack for years.

Sorry for the noise and thanks for the help, seems to be an Ardour/ALSA issue then.

Regards,
Andreas