Re: Phonic Helix Board 12 Universal: Recording is silent

On 03/07/18 10:10, Clemens Ladisch via Alsa-user wrote:
Andreas Böhler wrote:
On 02/07/18 23:02, Clemens Ladisch via Alsa-user wrote:
Andreas Böhler wrote:
all recordings are completely silent

Please show the output of "amixer -c2".

There is no output at all. "alsamixer -c2" reports "This sound device does not have any controls."

Then there isn't much that could be done in software.

It's possible that this devices requires a vendor-specific Windows
driver that knows some secret command to make it behave.

In the meantime, I debugged this a bit further, comparing Wireshark traces from Windows and Linux - with not relevant difference. Then, I tried recording again using a different program (Audacity) and, to my surprise, it worked. I immediately tried it again using Ardour with 44.100Hz and - it worked. However, after changing the sample rate *in Ardour*, it records only silence *in Ardour*. Audacity is still able to record.

If I change the sample rate in Audacity, it works properly.

If I start Ardour immediately, without starting Audacity before, it does not work (silence).

To sum up: The device does not work when the sample rate is changed using Ardour. Audacity has to be started once before the device becomes usable.

Do you have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Andreas