Re: TEAC CR H101DAB receiver not seen as a sound device

Bob and list,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ stuff deleted ]

Sure. It's actually the same as yours, modified for this environment:

audio_output {
enabled         "yes"
type            "alsa"
name            "TEAC USB"
device          "hw:3,0"
mixer_type      "disabled"
auto_resample   "no"
auto_channels   "no"
auto_format     "no"
dop             "no"
}

Excellent, thanks very much!

By the way, what does the 'dop' parameter do? I couldn't find any
references in the man page.

DoP is "DSD over PCM", see for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Stream_Digital

In your case, your TEAC may support this, so if you have DSD format music you might want to give it a try.  I am not sure if DoP support is in all recent versions of MPD so you might want to investigate that as well to make sure that your version supports it.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.