Re: Fedora 23 x86_64; Pulseaudio removed; playing from multiple sources serially

I use this default. It allows to select any pcm via environment variable
pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm {
    @func getenv
    vars [ ALSAPCM ]
    default "pcm.PCH"
  }
}

As you can see the default is pcm.PCH I told you before. But it is
useful to be able to change the sound pcm with ease because some
programs do not like speak with dmix and want to speak with the
hardware directly. (e.g., wine)

So, for that programs I use ALSAPCM=hw:PCH.

But, once again, names are probably different on your system.