Re: Setup question for normal playback on RME AES32 card

Hi,

it would be nice to get some input regarding this issue. First, I'd like
to know if the tools hdspconf and hdsploader are intended to work on
this card. Because they don't. In the source, they check for a "RME
Hammerfall DSP" string in the card name, whereas my card name is "RME
AES32 S/N 0xecb48b". I thought that the AES32 is also a Hammerfall DSP
card.

When I change the string checks to match my card I get this strace output:

For hdspconf:

ioctl(4, SNDRV_HDSP_IOCTL_GET_CONFIG_INFO, 0x7fff9ce01e30) = -1 EINVAL
(Invalid argument)
write(2, "Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:2.\n", 32Hwdep ioctl error on
card hw:2.

For hdsploader:

ioctl(3, SNDRV_HDSP_IOCTL_GET_VERSION, 0x7fff31605270) = -1 EINVAL
(Invalid argument)
write(2, "Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:2 : Invalid argument.\n", 51Hwdep
ioctl error on card hw:2 : Invalid argument.

Regards,
Tino