Help with RME alsa driver

Hi,

Is there anyone willing to spend some time helping me out with a long-term problem I've been having with an RME eMADI setup ?

The problem appears to be non-trivial and will require knowledge of RME cards, and the alsa drivers for it.
Willing to pay the right person for their efforts. I'm no longer looking for "try this, try that" suggestions; I actually need assistance.
Gone down many many dead-ends, but the problem remains. The latest attempt has introduced another, probably unrelated, problem.

It all works with the driver that comes with alsa 1.0.15, but not after that. Unfortuantly it is becoming increasingly difficult to remain using old distributions that work with 1.0.15.
It could involve fixing bugs with the current driver; I don't know.

Thanks,
Bruce