Re: Buyers guide for new card with good alsa support?

Benjamin Tegge wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> I don't know what site you are referring to, but from my experience
> popular sites here in Europe/Germany do list mostly products from Asus
> and Creative in the PC - Soundcards category but also have a separate
> Audio - Interfaces category with many more products.
On the site I'm looking at there are also separate categories for studio
equipment and DACs. The studio equipment are mostly weird boxes for
plugging in electric guitars and midi instruments. It didn't look like
it had anything interesting.

The DAC category is for audiophiles and it priced for them. The cheapest
thing I could find with an analog input and optical input was a Xonar
Essence STU for $393. Without optical the cheapest thing was a Pro-Ject
Head Box S USB for $235. Way too expensive. All I want is a modern
equivalent to a sound blaster live.