Re: Audigy 2 (emu10k2) synth routing

After a little bit of fiddling with ld10k1, lo10k1 and qlo10k1 (I had to go back a couple of Ubuntu repositories before I could find it!), I came across the 'patches' that can be loaded for the emu10k1 that represent different parts of the DSP.

Given that each of these patches are created by as10k1, my guess would be to alter the patches that relate to the Synth (probably FXBus, as everything routes through that it seems), and connect the modified outputs to the routable (in Windows/kX the ASIO inputs) accumulators that would eventually show up in JACK.

Unfortunately, ld10k1 died on me, so my experiments ended, and I'll have to re-initialise the DSP :-)

Is there anyone on this mailing list who is 'fluent' with the emu10k1 patches, and modifying them?

Thanks,

Dan

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 6:24 AM, Dan Swain <sp4md4n@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:21 AM, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan Swain wrote:
> /FX-bus - the EMU10K2 chip has an effect bus containing 64 accumulators.
>          Each of the synthesizer voices can feed its output to these accumulators
>          and the DSP microcontroller can operate with the resulting sum.
> /
> What I would like to know is how to assign each MIDI channel coming from
> the WaveTable synths to an end point that JACK can 'read' (i.e. show up
> 32-64 channels as readable clients).

The driver routes the output of all MIDI voices to the same accumulators.

You would have to rewrite that part of the driver.

Regards,
Clemens

Thanks Clemens. It appears I asked a similar question about 2 years ago, but I think it was forgotten about :-)

From what I remember, the assignments of the accumulators are 'organised' in emufx.c, so my guess would be to make the changes in there.

I'm unsure of how to refer to the outputs from the WaveTable synthesiser, as the current driver configuration only shows the stereo pair (e.g. master mix) coming from the synth.

I've come from the kX project drivers in Windows, where I know there's a two-stage process there too:
1. Use kXRouter to assign the synth outputs to FXBus channels
2. Use the kXDSP to connect the FXBus channels to audio inputs (e.g. ASIO)

So I would imagine with ALSA it's a case of compiling the routing into emufx.c, and then making the connections with lo10k1. Would that be correct?

Thanks for your help so far,

Dan