No sound on Thinkpad L540 in Docking Station

Dear mailing list members

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad L540 connected to a Thinkpad Pro Dock (basically the same as a Ultra Dock but with less ports) on Ubuntu Gnome 14.04. Everything works perfectly except sound through the dock's audio jack output. I found this thread on the alsa-devel mailing list: http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2014-May/076320.html.

It seems they ware able to make it work on a T440s by patching the firmware with the following settings:
[codec]
0x10ec0292 0x17aa220c 0

[pincfg]
0x16 0x21211010
0x19 0x21a11010

I read on a different thread that this seems to be model-dependent settings. My question thus is: how can I find the correct settings for the L540? Through the usual web search it seems no one has ever looked up the values for the L540.

If you guys have an idea how to do it myself, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Marcio