Re: Asus Xonar DX and DSX

Dnia 28 października 2014 23:22 chris hermansen napisał(a):

>I have a DX in my Dell running Ubuntu 14.04.
> I also have a few different pairs of headphones including AKG 701s, Grado 80s and Etymotic IEMs.
> If there is some configuration you would like tested, let me know.

Yes, I would like you to do few tests of this card.

1) When you set card volume to 0 (and if headphones have on-cable volume control set it to 0 too), do headphones play in such conditions? Because right now I'm sitting on Audigy SB0090/Realtek 892 and on both cards when volume is set to 0 (basically muted), my 32 Ohm Creative headphones ignore it and just play, rather quiet but still play (it only happens on ALSA, not Windows). Happens on all headphones I tested, maybe bug in ALSA?

2) Are Etymotics by any chance in ear headphones? I would like to know how does the Xonar work with in ear headphones, as I use them sometimes.

3) Are basses and trebles good on headphones on this card? I mean it's hard to tell if this card has headphone amp for such stuff, as reviews say it doesn't, but in docs they say it has headphone amp, so I don't know to be honest what to expect in that matter.

Thanks