Re: hda PCH id renamend to HDMI_1 after "id=HDMI index=-2" passed to the module, BUG?

> "id=HDMI" says that the first device seen gets the ID "HDMI";
> it _changes_ the ID.

So if the either id and index parameters are given in the same time like:
"modprobe snd-hda-intel id=HDMI index=-2"
it says: "give the id "HDMI" to the first initialized device and do
not use index 0 for it"?

If so it means that there are a lot of misleading tutorials over the net.

> When there are multiple devices handled by the same driver, it is not
> possible to choose which device gets handled by which parameter.

Then I have a big problem, because I need to solve this without user
interaction over a various PC configurations. Do you have any hint?

Regards,

Ctirad