Re: hda PCH id renamend to HDMI_1 after "id=HDMI index=-2" passed to the module, BUG?

> No, this is how these parameters work.  When you say "index=1", the
> first device seen by the driver gets index 1, and the second (and third,
> if present) get the first free index.

But when I explicitly say the device with id=HDMI shouldn't be on the
index 0 by either index=-2 or by multiple indexes as you adviced
above, and after module load it is still there and the "PCH" is
renamed to the "HDMI_1" as bonus, it does not look right to me.

(And this parameter does not
> prevent other drivers from claiming this index, if they get loaded
> earlier.)

There not any other devices  than snd-hda-intel.

Regards,
Ctirad