anyone else see kernel panic when killing alsa_in?

Has anyone else ever seen a kernel panic immediately after
killing an alsa_in process?

I'm running Debian Wheezy, x86_64.  A user's alsa_in process
had produced about 700MB of log.  I made the mistake of
removing the log file.  A couple of minutes later, I did
"killall alsa_in" as root.  (There was only the one alsa_in
process running.)  Immediately, the kernel panic message
and hex dumps filled the screen.

The alsa_in process was part of a lash-up using netjack
for a thin/zero-client setup.  I often kill alsa_in
processes that have gone runaway and produced a few GB of
log file, but never before have I made the mistake of
removing the log file before killing the process.

I plan to file a bug report on Debian because a user could
have done everything here, which makes this a potential
DOS vulnerability.

(Fortunately, the system came back up okay, though RAIDs
might need resyncing.)

Robert