Re: static noise USB Microphone AKG Perception 120 USB

Am Montag, 29. September 2014, 17:42:06 schrieb Sven Moeller:
> I've sent an E-Mail to the AKG hotline. I was told that the Perception 120
> USB has internal signal processing of 24 bit. At the output the signal will
> be converted to 16 bit. Clemens, that confirms your theory. I gonna ask
> them if "conversion" means that 8 bit will just be cut off.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

I got an answer by AKG hotline. 16 bit means a maximum useable dynamic of 96
dB - the last 8 bit of the 24 bit signal will be cut off.

A to low signal at too high recording level would explain the white noise.

Ok, sounds logically to me. I set the input level in the alsamixer to 43%.
Maybe that's just to high?

Regards,
Sven