Re: Disconnect / unplug issue with USB soundcard

Today I ran an openSUSE 13.1 KDE live DVD (kernel 3.11.6, 64 bit) in
virtualbox. The warnings I reported for my host system did not occur there.

More importantly, the problem that the sound system does not react
properly to unplugging the Axe-Fx II stays the same. As mentioned before
the Axe-Fx II does not disappear from KMix and the sound does not switch
back to the internal soundcard. So running playback streams "hang" when
the Axe-Fx II gets unplugged while they continue using the internal
soundcard (which has lower priority as an audio playback device) when
e.g. the UA-5 gets unplugged.

But I found another quite interesting and maybe even more important
thing while running the KDE live system in virtualbox:

To simulate plugging and unplugging the Axe-Fx II and UA-5 in the client
OS I just checked / unchecked the correspondent USB device in the
virtualbox window status bar respectively the menu "devices -> USB
devices -> xxx". When activating the Axe-Fx II for virtualbox it
disappeared in KMix on the host system, just as it should when
physically unplugging!

/var/log/messages showed:

        pulseaudio[2424]: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c:
snd_pcm_avail: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden

I assume "Kein passendes Gerät gefunden" here translates to "No such
device".

The Axe-Fx II also reappeared as soon as I unchecked it as a USB device
in virtualbox. The sound on the host system switched accordingly between
the Axe-Fx II and the internal soundcard.

/var/log/messages showed:

        kernel: [ 4020.884151] usb 2-1.5: reset high-speed USB device
number 7 using ehci-pci

Joachim