Re: Disconnect / unplug issue with USB soundcard

On 06/12/2014 12:14 AM, jem_7@xxxxxx wrote:
> I just updated to kernel 3.15.0. Expectedly as with RC8 there is no change.
>
> Daniel, what makes you think, the 'midi3' node causes the warning? The
> warning appears not only for 'midi3' (and 'dmmidi3'), but also
> 'pcmC3D0p', 'pcmC3D0c' and 'control3' nodes.

Do you get warnings for pcmC3D0p, pcmC3D0c and control3 as well with
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=n? Please try that, because I was under the impression
that there's something wrong with the device management in the legacy
OSS code when there's more than 3 MIDI devices or suchlike. But maybe
I'm wrong, and there's something else going on.

As I said, I can't reproduce this here yet.

Daniel