Softvol plugin weird behavior with playback/capture streams

Hi,

I recently discovered the softvol plugin, and used it to add a Master
volume to my USB soundcard, which doesn't have one. I followed the
tutorial from alsa.opensrc.org [1].

I'm quite happy with it, but I found a little issue that I'd like to
share here.
The trouble is that the softvol appears as both a playback/capture
device, but it acts weird for capture.

amixer -c 1 get Master
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
   Capabilities: volume
   Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
   Limits: 0 - 255
   Front Left: 255 [100%]
   Front Right: 255 [100%]

Now, if I look at it with alsamixer, both playback and capture are
linked, moving one volume also moves the other.
Therefore, the following commands:

amixer -c 1 set Master playback 10%-
-> lower the playback volume 10%

amixer -c 1 set Master capture 10%-
-> also lower the playback volume 10%

amixer -c 1 set Master 10%-
-> lower the playback volume 20%, since amixer apply the change on both
capture and playback.

Can it be a bug in my USB soundcard driver ? Or is it a known limitation
of the softvol plugin ?

Actually, I don't care about the capture part, I would be happy if the
softvol could act on the playback only, and export the capabilities
pvolume and pvolume-joined only.
It would look more standard to the system (except that it lacks the
pswitch capability, but that's another story), and wouldn't confuse
amixer, or other applications.
Do you think it's something that can be achieved by tweaking the
.asoundrc file ?

A dump of my config is available at [2]

Thanks for your replies !
Arnaud