ASUS Xonar Essence STX/low impedance (16-32 ohm) headphones support

Hello and THX for ALSA - I'm using it on Ubuntu/Linux Mint to get the best out of my ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card and it just works great.

The new STX II has (on Windows at least) an interesting feature for use with low impedance (< 32 ohm) headphones, see Impeccable headphone amplification (below "Exquisite headphone gain control" oh the linked ASUS site). Unfortunately this is the only upgrade from STX -> STX II that I would need regarding my low impedance headphones (22 - 25 ohm e.g., Denon AH-D7100) and of course that's not worth buying a new and rather expensive sound card. Furthermorde I'd need that feature on Linux and not on Windows.

So my question is whether it's possible to add the low impedance support (16 - 32 ohm) to ALSA for use with the old STX? Currently it stops at the normal gain setting (< 64 ohm).

Best regards,
detlev24