Re: McIntosh D100 DAC

Jonas Kvinge <linuxtv <at> closetothewind.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> I got a McIntosh D100 DAC, it works but sometimes the sounds stops and
> starts a few milliseconds (small pauses). I got the problem when playing
> music in Clementine (FLAC files) and youtube videos. I can play many
> songs fine without any problems so its very periodical. It might happen
> only 1-2 times in a day.
> I had a Electrocompaniet EC-2 DAC for a while and I think it had some of
> the same issues, but I think it used the same driver also.
>
> Kernel is 3.12.6 custom compiled
> Distribution is opensuse 13.1, pulseaudio is removed from the system.

Hi Jonas,

I have a very similar setup than you and I also have issue with my DAC.
I have a genuine OpenSuse 13.1 install, without pulseaudio, ALSA only setup.

I use JRiver MediaCenter19 and here is what I get. I can play 1 track no
problem. I can play any other track IF the sample rate is identical then the
first track.
If the sample rate is different, nothing is played. I have to kill JRiver
and restart.

I worked around for a test by resampling all to 192k and it worked. But I
don't want to do that.

But from what you are describing, I never had that with my D100.

My I ask you why you did upgrade your Kernel to such a 3.12.6 level? Was it
for compatibility reason? If yes I might go for it.

Thanks
B.