ALC892 Front Speaker Issue

I have a Asrock H61TM board with an ALC892 onboard that exposes a 7.1 analogue audio header, connected to which I have 8 RCA plugs via a ribbon cable. The issue I have is that I can get audio out of all the channels except for Front Left and Right. (i have checked the cable and used another also, so not at that end of it).  I have also tried multiple units of the same board and tried the board under windows where the Realtek driver seems to behave as it should.

The Realtek documentation says that the Front Left and Right are on Node 0x14. The only difference I can see between this and the other working channels is that Node 0x14  has Pincap 0x0001003e: IN OUT HP EAPD Detect Trigger and  EAPD 0x0. I am no Alsa guru, hence my email here, but this seems to be relating to Jack Detection for the headphone socket, or am I wrong there?

I have nothing plugged into any of the other audio inputs or outputs of the board and desperately need to get this audio from the front pair working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance