 Subject: Re:  OSS emulation doesn't allow mixing.
 To: "Beojan Stanislaus" <beojan@xxxxxxxxx>
 Cc: alsa-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Friday, January 31, 2014, 9:11 AM

 On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Beojan
 Stanislaus wrote:

 > I am not a developer, just a user who was shocked by
 the tone of your
 > email. However I highly doubt that oss will be included
 in the kernel
 > again. This its because most applications on Linux have
 been written using
 > alsa, sand it appears oss hasn't been updated sine
 2008.

 The original oss has not, whic his what alsa emulated
 because it was the
 dominant sound platform at the time. OSS however was being
 developed by a
 company, and AFAIK it has continued developing it.
 Note that ALSA also does have mixing on the alsa level.
 There are layers
 (jack, pulseaudio,....) above alsa which can be used for
 mixing, etc.

 WatchGuard Dimension instantly turns raw network data into
 actionable
 security intelligence. It gives you real-time visual
 feedback on key
 security issues and trends.  Skip the complicated setup
 - simply import
 a virtual appliance and go from zero to informed in
 seconds.