Re: Not able to play multiple audio files.

I did not configure any JVM's audio output. If it is required, how should I do? Doing so, will it help? Pardon me, I'm quite new to all this. Please help me in doing that.

I'm able to play multiple audio files being played simultaneously with aplay command. But this is not the case with java in picture(with the jar file). So, as you said may be I need to configure JVM's audio output. Can you help me doing so?

Also, should I re frame the question, if it is not clear?

Some more details:

[sai@sai ~]# sudo cat /proc/asound/version

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24.

[sai@sai ~]# sudo cat /proc/asound/cards

0 [Intel]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel

             HDA Intel at 0x80300000 irq 46

[sai@sai ~]# aplay -l

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC886 Analog [ALC886 Analog]

  Subdevices: 1/1

  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC886 Digital [ALC886 Digital]

  Subdevices: 1/1

  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thank you very much once again.

Regards,
Sai

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
sai wrote:
> I have some problem playing multiple audio files using ALSA on my
> ubuntu machine through java.

How did you configure the JVM's audio output?

Regards,
Clemens