Not able to play multiple audio files.

Hello all,

I have some problem playing multiple audio files using ALSA on my
ubuntu machine through java. I have a jar file that takes an audio
clip as an argument and plays the audio clip continuously in a loop.
In the java code, continuously different instances of the audio clip
passed as an argument are initiated, as time progresses. So, on
running the jar file for some time, different instances of the audio
file passed as an argument are created, and all instances of the audio
clip will be playing simultaneously.

Initially, I could not hear the audio being played from different
instances simultaneously. But, later I inserted two modules
'snd_mixer_oss' and 'snd_pcm_oss'. Then, up on running the jar file,
after some time i.e., when different instances of the audio file are
initiated, I could hear different instances of the audio file being
played simultaneously(Could make out audio clips overlapping). Now my
question is, are these some kind of oss emulation modules? If so, will
that be supported by ALSA in future?

One more question I have is, even after inserting the modules, I can
not run two instances of the jar file passing different audio files
and listen both of them being played simultaneously.

I'm eagerly waiting for a reply. Pardon if this is a mundane question.
I'm new to this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Sai.