Re: Trying to add an softvol control to all USB devices

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

What I would like to happen is that the reference device is added to all USB devices.

As it is right now we open the devices using the "hw:x" form - not using any of the logical names like default or front, etc. But that can be changed if that is what is required to make this work.

I think that your questions actually made me realise my issue here. I was trying to apply my softvol control to "every" instance of an audio device and expecting it to "automagically" be available on every hw:x device.

But if I am not mistaken - just opening calibrate:x instead, using the config I sent in the previous mail (mostly) could actually solve my problem.

Now if I would like the softvol control to appear automatically on all USB devices ("hw:x") - no matter the vendor or name. Is that possible to do in /etc/asound.conf or would that require modification of the files in /usr/share/alsa/cards director?

Med venlig hilsen/ Best Regards

Lau Bakman
Systems Engineer
Business Area Security & Defence Solutions

Direct:  + 45 36 38 30 23
Mobile: + 45 41 87 60 23
E-mail: lau.bakman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saab Danmark A/S
Alsion 2
DK - 6400 Sonderborg
www.saabgroup.com

This e-mail is private and confidential between the sender and the addressee.
In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying or
disseminating it or information in it. Please notify the above if any misdirection.