Re: Fwd: aplay --dump-hw-params freezes

David Kačerek wrote:
> why do I have to mute S/PDIF in alsamixer when in asound.conf I have
> already specified the stream from the virtual alsa devices to be sent
> to "plughw:0,0" which means the 1st card and the 1st device on that
> card, which is CX20561 Analog (CX20561 Digital is the 2nd device)
> according to aplay -l?

The "Digital" device plays to the digital output.  The "Analog" device
always plays to the analog ouput, but has the additional ability to
duplicate the stream to the digital output.

The control that you mute is not called "S/PDIF" but "S/PDIF Default
PCM", which is the name for that feature.  The "Digital" device is not
affected by this.

Regards,
Clemens