Re: snd-usb-audio : issue sending "set sample freq"

On 23.04.2013 18:29, Yves G wrote:
> First test I could make, patching the usbaudio.c source from ubuntu
> 10.04 with your patch.
> Now the device can play sounds at 48kHz on the Plantronics C720.
> However, I can't play sounds at 16kHz anymore, I get clicks instead
> (exactly like it was previously when trying to play 48kHz sounds with
> the device set to 16kHz).

With the patch applied, could you please plug out the device, do a "sudo
dmesg -c", then plug it back in and run "sudo dmesg -c" again, and send
us the output. Also, I'd need to see the contents of
/proc/asound/card1/stream0 again, to prove that the patch does the right
thing.

> I use aplay -D hw:1,0 to run the tests (bypassing pulse etc)

Given that you seem to have access to an USB analyzer, can you look at
the packets and see if there's anything wrong with them? And please also
compare the setup sequence again, in comparison to what the Windows
driver does.

Thanks,
Daniel