Re: snd-usb-audio : issue sending "set sample freq"

On 23.04.2013 13:19, Yves G wrote:
> On 23/04/2013 13:14, Daniel Mack wrote:
>> On 23.04.2013 13:07, Yves G wrote:
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> I'll forward that to my contacts at Plantronics
>> Fixing the firmware is certainly the right thing to do, but I'd
>> appreciate if you could still test my patch, so we can take it to the
>> mainline kernel. As Torstein said - there are more devices out there
>> which get this wrong, and I'd like to fix all of them at once.
>>
> It is my plan to do it today or tomorrow.
> I'll tell you the results.

Thanks.

> BTW: The patch does not work with the version of Alsa shipped with
> Ubuntu 10.04. In that version, this is usbaudio.c that must be patched,
> not stream.c.

Then the kernel they ship is ancient.

> But I guess that it can be made available only with the latest version
> of Alsa (which then may not work with older systems...)

Don't bother with separate version of the kernel and ALSA. Just follow
the instructions on this page and build a completely new kernel:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/GitKernelBuild

You should apply my patch after you completed step 7, with "git apply
<filename>".

Best regards,
Daniel