From: Rodolfo Thomazelli <pe.soberbo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2013/3/26
Subject: Re: ALSA and SCARLETT FOCUSRITE 8i6
To: Daniel Mack <zonque@xxxxxxxxx>

By typing this command I receive this message: "closed".
I generated a cosine wave on PD, and it works, but with a lot of noise.

Can you tell me why I get this "closed" message? And why there is so much noise on PD output?

2013/3/23 Daniel Mack <zonque@xxxxxxxxx>
On 22.03.2013 18:33, Rodolfo Thomazelli wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as recommended by Daniel, I've found help in pulse-audio list, and now I
> have my usb device as the default one. It still not appearing in
> Ubuntu's audio pane, but the software that I'm using (mataa) now work
> with it.
>
> The problem is that "mataa" sees the scarlett interface, lists it on
> audio_info but when I ask ir to produce some sound, I get just some
> clicks instead what I ask to. The curious thing is that using the "aplay
>> -Dplughw:USB some-test-wave.wav", the device works fine.

I don't know this program, but please check the output of

  cat /proc/asound/USB/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

after you started audio streaming with Mataa. This will show which
parameters the software configured the sound card to. You can also try
if PureData (pd) produces any output for example.

Daniel