Re: Sampling rates for tlv320aic3x

"Bill Unruh" <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.64.1302220834300.24566@info...

>> On 22.02.2013 11:48, Chard wrote:
>>> I need to specify an arbitrary sampling rate via the tlv320aix3x codec.

> Are you sure that your card actually supports those other rates in
> hardware?

Absolutely.  The values I've hard-coded have come from the definitions in
the (TI) data sheet.  This has been confirmed by probing the pins on the
board and measuring the clock frequencies.

> Other rates might be supported by resampling the signal rather than the
> hardware actually running the A/D or D/A at those other rates. In that
> case,
> doing software resampling might give better results for you (Ie, record or
> play at the set hardware rates, and use say sox to resample.

When I initially discovered the driver did not support my desired sampling
rate, I tried higher sampling followed by resampling, but it introduced too
many artifacts (I'm FFT'ing the signal).  There may be smarter resampling
techniques, but it's all clean (and efficient) with the hardware at the
correct rate.

I may have a look into providing a patch, to at least avoid having to patch
myself on each new release.

Daniel: thanks for the dev info.