Re: A question about reporting sound cards

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013, chris hermansen wrote:

> Good people;
>
> I believe that I should report my sound card status on the Alsa sound
> cards page, but before I do that I have a few questions.
>
> My Audioquest DragonFly does not appear there, and I now believe it

This is somewhat off topic, but I am wondering about the DragonFly. It seems
an incredibly expensive usb soundcard, which moreover does only output and not
input. Its claim to do better than the onboard sound card is setting an
absurdly low standard, since many onboard soundcards are simply attrocious.
And the price of it I  saw in an airline SkyMall booklet yesterday is
pretty steep ( $250 or so).
Certainly the company's claims for their speaker cables are pure gobbldygook,
and makes me want to lump them in with other companies as  sellers of hype
rather than product.
So I am asking someone who has one why they bought it-- what are its
advantages?

> works (ie I have convinced myself my earlier problems were with the
> sole USB-2 port on my laptop, since the device works fine on the USB-3
> ports).  Still, I think my experience trying to get it to work with my
> laptop and various ports might be of use to someone.  Do I report that
> info in the listing?

Of course.