Re: AMD Sapphire HD 7870 card not recognized by ALSA.

Am Sonntag, den 03.02.2013, 16:47 +0100 schrieb Hector Abel MONDELO
GOMEZ:
> Hi everybody,
> For a month that I am trying to use audio trough HDMI connection in my
> ubuntu 12.04 sandbox.
> I tried different ways:
>
> 1.- I downloaded and installed the AMD drivers following instructions
> in this link (http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Precise_Installation_Guide)
>
> 2.- I added the option radeon.audio=1 in the linux kernel boot options
> i.a.w. info in this blog
> (http://lucasromerodb.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/sin-salida-de-sonido-hdmi-en-ubuntu-ati.html).
>
> 3.- I had reseted sound settings following the info in this blog
> (http://blog.zloether.com/2009/11/reset-sound-settings-in-ubuntu.html).
>
> However nothing worked for me.
>
> After that I read in the following site (http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA)
> a procedure in order to troubleshoot audio problems and I know now
> that my sound card is not recognized by ALSA.
>
> Finally I execute the "alsa_utils_alsa-info.sh" script and uploaded my
> ALSA info at
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f0ae7f3ec137904bd9e021c36b638f7c4d93db0b
>
> Considering that I had "Googleing"  for a month unsuccessfully,
> someone have any idea where could I obtain more information about a
> specific procedure to trying implementing and detecting my card.?
> Any help is always welcome.
> Many thanks in advance.
> Best regards,

The only thing here that worked was to install kernel
3.6.6-030606-generic. This kernel supports hdmi in contrast to the
kernel shipped with Ubuntu 12.04.

Kind regards
Bernhard