Re: Odd problem with MIDI controller

Well, I spoke too soon.  There appears to be an element of unpredictability here -- and I have found a number of forum posts which seem to repeat the same, with no resolutions.  Occasionally, after boot and controller fireup, if I do the rmmod/modprobe, it all works...but not usually.  This does not change if I run everything as root.  So I am now wondering about the hardware side.  I found one item where jackd 0.119 had a -M parameter to permit different timing settings for MIDI than for audio, but I don't find that echoed in more recent versions.  My two controller devices (Yamaha MO8 via direct USB, and UX16 USB/MIDI adapter) don't show up in Jack MIDI at all, so I don't think that would help.

I do wonder about an 'initialization' of the USB side, or 'explicit hardware powerup', or something, but I really do not know where to look.  Absolutely nothing in journalctl -f when I try the connections using qjackctl, and no errors in qjackctl, it says that the ALSA patchbay was successfully changed.  No USB errors in journalctl -b either, and I have tried both motherboard and PCI USB ports.

J.E.B.