Re: Tascam US-122 problems

ulioidle wrote:

> I have been having some issues getting an old US-122 interface working and
> it is starting to get on my nerves. I have gone through the various
> instructions at http://alsa.opensrc.org/Tascam_US-122 and
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-usb-usx2y along
> with everything I could find on Google.
>
> lsusb shows the interface, shows that fxload works and installs the first
> stage firmware as it should, but that is as far as I can get it to go. I
> run the usx2yloader and get "no US-2XY-compatible cards found."
>
> cat /proc/asound/cards lists it, it shows up everywhere it should, but the
> second stage loader cannot find it.
>
> Running crux 2.7.1 with a custom 2.6.35.13 kernel.
>
> Just had the idea that usx2yloader might be looking for the old sysfs
> userspace which I did not enable, but if you got any other ideas throw
> them at me.
>
> And yes snd-usb-usx2y is loaded.

I have an interface that needs to have its firmware downloaded on boot-up
and I found when fxload runs and uses the function getenv("DEVICE") the
returned path contained /proc/ and not /dev/.

I hacked fxload to change proc into dev and it then works fine. Like this:

const char        *device_path2 = getenv("DEVICE");

      sprintf(device_name, "/dev/%s", device_path2 + 6);

Enabling sysfs almost works but not quite. If sysfs is enabled then plugging
the USB lead into the computer after the computer has fully booted up
results in the firmware getting loaded OK, but if the lead is plugged in
before booting it doesn't work because I think during boot-up the udev
processing gets called before the proc information is there.

Graham Dicker